Once you’re in a relationship, it’s easy to fall into the trap of just toddling along with life. We slip into routines, bad habits, forgetting the little niceties that make a difference.
Give your relationship a boost this week. Every day, commit 3 random acts of kindness for your partner. This could be anything but here are a few ideas;
- Make them breakfast in bed or their first tea/coffee of the day
- Put a note in their handbag/workbag/lunch saying thank you for their efforts or simply letting them know that you love them.
- Text or email your partner during the day with a nice comment, e.g., “Friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but you know they’re always there – thank you for being my star.”
- Offer to do something they always do, e.g., take the rubbish out, cook dinner, run the kids to club, etc. Or, simply acknowledge and say thank you for something they always do, e.g., taking the rubbish out, cooking dinner, etc.
- Run your partner a bath, offer to wash their back or simply pour them a glass of wine.
- Take a minute to really appreciate some daily task they normally do without you even noticing.
Kick-Ass Call to Action: Can you think of two kind things you did for your partner yesterday? If not, take a look at some of the tips above and get on it, you’re slacking!
What do you do for your partner that makes them feel appreciated or admired? Come share in the comments below! Spread a little kindness in the CANDo community.